Call Now: 1300 857 918
“We don’t rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training “
NSW Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled helps people obtain the skills that they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Emergency Australia is approved under Smart and Skilled to deliver part qualifications. These part qualifications will be added to our website upon approval and where places are available for enrolment.
Please click here to note the eligibility criteria for Smart and Skilled, Skilling for Recovery, and information pertaining to the unique student identifier.
Training under JobTrainer is fee-free and fully funded by the NSW and Commonwealth governments
HLT21020 Certificate II in Medical Service First Response
Emergency Australia has been fortunate to be approved to deliver a number of subsidised funded training spots for our HLT21020 Certificate II in Medical Service First Response course under Smart and Skilled.
This course comprises of 9 units of competency:
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCDIV001 Work with Diverse People
- HLTWHS006 Manage Personal Stressors in the Work Environment
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems.
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
This course is delivered via a Blended Delivery mode, where learners are required to complete a number of online assessments and attend a practical face to face component for our first aid, WHS, infection control, diversity and medical terminology units of competency.
If you are interested in applying, please review our Course Overview, the important information listed on this page, and then complete an application (below) . You must satisfy the requirements of Smart and Skilled to be eligible. There may be a student fee payable for this course, as outlined in the Course Overview. Fees will be confirmed during the Notification of Enrolment process.
Key dates for this course
We are accepting enrolments now. Click below to apply.
This course has one face to face practical weekend falling on the 11th, 12th and 13th June 2022. Attendance is mandatory to be able to complete the course.
All enrolled must complete by 30/06/2022.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date|
|NSW Smart and Skilled Certificate II Application Form||31/03/2022||26/05/2022|
Before you proceed with your enrolment, you should take note of, and read through the following Student Information:
- Fee information – please ensure that you have read the Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure and the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy.
- Consumer Protection information – please ensure that you have read the Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure and the Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure.
- Third party information – Emergency Australia does not engage third parties for any part of its training and assessment delivery, recruitment of prospective learners (including Brokers), or administrative functions.
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer information – refer to the Application and Enrolment Policy and Procedure and the Assessment Policy and Procedure.
- Deferring or discontinuing training information – refer to the Variation, Withdrawal and Cancellation Policy and Procedure.
- How to access support during your enrolment – refer to the Learner Support and Progression Policy and Procedure.
- Contact details for Emergency Australia support services – refer to the Learner Handbook, Access and Equity Policy and Procedure, and the Learner Support and Progression Policy and Procedure.
Notification of Enrolment Process
To proceed to enrolment under Smart and Skilled, the following Notification of Enrolment Process must be followed:
- Consent. You must provide Emergency Australia with consent to use your personal information.
- Third party arrangements. Emergency Australia does not use any third parties. Should this change, you will be informed of the nature of the relationship and the details of the third party.
- Provider Calculator. Emergency Australia will use the Smart and Skilled Provider Calculator to confirm your eligibility, input the details of any Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning to generate the Fee Chargeable and Subsidy along with any Loadings (if applicable).
- Notification of Enrolment Report – Provider Copy. Emergency Australia will generate and retain this report. It will be referred to should the Fee Chargeable and Subsidy is adjusted after your Commitment ID has been issued.
- Prospective Learner Declaration. You will be sent a declaration which you must sign and return, declaring that:
1. In relation to the Notification of Enrolment Process, that you have provided true, accurate, complete and not misleading information to Emergency Australia.
2. A Notification of Enrolment Process has not been concurrently completed for the same qualification and/or the same unit(s) of competency for the same or other qualification(s)
3. You have been informed of all applicable third party arrangements.
4. You have received the details of the Fees Chargeable and the Student Information.
In Train-Out: SG00008130 Statement of Attainment in Individual Support (CPR and First Aid)
Enrolments are closed for this part qualification.
Under the Skilling for Recovery – Redeployment and Youth Initiative, Emergency Australia is approved to deliver this part qualification, which consists of the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
Those enrolled are to be completed by 30/06/2022. This is an online only delivery. You must ensure that the address provided is your current address or notify us as soon as possible of any address changes so that we can ensure that your training package reaches you in a timely manner. Eligibility criteria that must be met to enter this course includes the Smart and Skilled criteria, and either a Veteran, a Veteran’s recognised partner or Youth (16-24 year old) under Skilling for Recovery.